Although it may never gain the accolades or sheer attention that traditional or simulated diamond jewelry garners, a men’s wedding band is a pretty substantial piece of jewelry in its own right. After all, it’s not just a symbol of the bond between a man and his significant other – it’s probably one of the only pieces of jewelry a guy will ever wear on a daily basis. So when it comes to men’s wedding rings, how can you determine which design will not only complement his personal style, but stand the test of time?
From type of employment to his personal aesthetic, you’ll want to choose the appropriate metal, design, look and feel to ensure his wedding ring provides not only a comfortable fit, but remains a timeless piece that he’ll wear proudly for years to come. We’ve amassed a list of popular wedding bands styles for men, but there are also a number of other options for non traditional wedding rings and practical factors to keep in mind when shopping for the groom-to-be. Read on as we explore our top 10 picks for classic wedding rings for men, including useful tips and information for your impending “I do’s”!
How To Choose A Wedding Band For Him: Men’s Wedding Rings
Now that you’ve begun planning for the big day and the details are in motion, it’s time to shop for the perfect men’s wedding ring – but where do you begin? Whether your husband-to-be prefers the timeless look of a classic men’s wedding band with a simple gold ring, or is less traditional and might want to signify your union with a less conventional style, there is a vast variety of ring designs, metals, patterns and other custom details to choose from. Below, some basic guidelines to follow when shopping for men’s wedding bands:
Comfort & Feel: While it might be somewhat obvious, how comfortable a man’s wedding band is makes a big difference as far as how much he’ll actually want to wear it – and how practical (and safe) it is for everyday life. For example, for men who lead fairly active lifestyles – particularly in their line of work – it’s important to take into consideration the shape, weight and even the wedding band metals used. Choose rings that have rounded edges and lay closer to the finger for maximum comfort, as rings with straight edges or designs that are very bulky may prove cumbersome and uncomfortable on the ring finger – and could potentially snag on objects at work or when otherwise engaged in physical activities. Many experts recommend trying on a variety of styles to get a good feel for what works best – most men usually know it once they try it on if it’s the “right’’ one for them.
Lifestyle & Daily Routine: As we’ve touched upon, the type of metal you choose for a man’s wedding band ring can really impact how appropriate it is for his lifestyle and type of employment. For example, where precious metals are concerned, each one has a different density – and therefore different weight – so some might be heavier and more durable, whereas others might be too soft and not hold up as well for his day-to-day routine. Titanium, tungsten and platinum are among the most durable metals, making them options worth considering for men who work with their hands (or are just very active in general). Another interesting option to consider is palladium – while not as rugged as its more durable cousin platinum, this precious metal is not only a less expensive option for men’s wedding bands, but is one of the few metals that is actually hypoallergenic – making it ideal for men allergic to nickel, an alloy commonly used in precious metals such as gold. Gold and silver, while classic wedding band choices for men, are softer metals and will be need to be handled with a bit more care, since they are prone to bend or get scratched.
Personal Aesthetic: The next thing to consider is a man’s sense of personal style – while some guys are sportier and prefer very modest, simple men’s jewelry in cool tones like platinum or white gold wedding bands, other men gravitate for rose gold or classic wedding band sets that feature precious gemstones or engraving. Depending on his aesthetic – outdoorsy, sporty, preppy, athletic, dressy, casual, bohemian, edgy, and so on – you’ll have a better idea of what sort of wedding band style will complement his overall look and lifestyle. If you’re really not sure, it’s okay to ask – better to select a men’s wedding band that he’ll cherish for a lifetime versus something that’s going to sit in a box on his wardrobe.
Most Popular Wedding Band Styles For Men: Top 10 Men’s Wedding Rings
When it comes to selecting classic wedding bands for men, there are no hard and fast rules – after all, your partner-to-be is unique, so it’s important to choose a wedding band ring that’s as original as him. Whether he’s a sporty guy who loves to surf on the weekends or an urban gentleman with a penchant for the finer things in life, there is literally an ideal ring for every man, no matter his age, style or professional background. From classic wedding ring styles to one-of-a-kind wedding bands for men, here are some of our top choices worth considering:
1) The Minimalist: Simple yet elegant, you can’t go wrong with a men’s classic wedding band in a single-tone metal. Whether you opt for gold, white gold, or even rose gold, rings such as the Classic Comfort Wedding Band provide both timeless, practical style and a comfortable fit for men of all ages.
2) The Sporty Guy: For active men who need wedding bands that can keep up with their rigorous routines, choosing a ring made from tungsten or titanium is a smart choice. Consider the Jordan – featuring crisp, clean lines and a masculine design, this solid tungsten men’s wedding band is worth a second look.
3) The Creative: Whether he’s looking to give a proud nod to his Celtic heritage or simply prefers wedding band styles that are a bit “out of the box”, Celtic knot ring designs have been a favorite among men for many years. The Heaney ring is a beautiful example of fine craftsmanship – a modern tribute to a classic men’s wedding band design, this cobalt ring is the epitome of strength and masculinity.
4) The Classic Gent: For men with a refined sensibility and upscale aesthetic, opting for a simple gold band featuring a brilliant diamond solitaire is a wedding band design that will be cherished throughout the ages. Our Pharaoh ring is fit for your king – available in classic 14k yellow gold or striking 14k white gold, this opulent ring is bezel-set to reduce snagging, providing a smooth fit and stunning appearance on the hand.
5) The Outdoorsman: If your groom-to-be prefers a more buttoned-down, casual look, you may want to think about wedding bands that aren’t as formal. For men who enjoy the outdoors or just have a more pared-down approach to life, our Nikolas ring is an ideal choice – featuring a unique mix of exotic wood inlay and Titanium, this ring is not only durable, but a striking piece of jewelry he’ll proudly wear way beyond your vows.
6) The Individual: For the man who still loves to play guitar with his buddies, drive his motorcycle out onto the open road, and generally marches to the beat of his own drum, finding a men’s wedding band that signifies his individuality can prove challenging. Our Sawyer ring is an excellent choice for the cool guy who’s also won your heart – featuring a strip of interwoven carbon graphite down the center of this tungsten carbide men’s wedding ring, it’s as unique as your beloved.
7) The Bohemian: A free spirit, your man has an artistic soul – whether he’s a painter, a poet, a musician or a writer, you'll want to find a detailed men’s wedding band that speaks to his love of beauty without sacrificing his need for comfort. Our Hammered Comfort Wedding Band is the ideal option – combining classic good looks with a comfortable fit, this ring features an eye-catching hammered texture that is sure to please your future husband.
8) The Epicurean: A lover of the finer things in life – the best cuisine, world travel, luxury cars – the epicurean man usually has a deep appreciation for fine jewelry, too. Why not consider the Forest Wedding Band for your groom-to-be – featuring a dazzling row of Nexus Diamond™ alternatives between two-tone 14k gold, this unique men’s wedding ring is classic, yet modern and fresh all at once.
9) The Hopeless Romantic: Perhaps your man believes in love at first sight; maybe he writes you love notes or brings you flowers for no reason. Whatever the case, finding the perfect men’s wedding band for the true romantic may prove a bit trickier than the average guy. The Atlas Round Cut Wedding Band may be worth taking into account – featuring a striking round brilliant-cut Nexus Diamond alternative stone, this sleek yet sophisticated men’s wedding band boasts a double-bezel setting with artful detailing that is sure to remain a timeless classic forever.
10) The Aristocrat: Commanding a room, he’s a formidable character that adores luxury – his personal motto could easily be "go big or go home"! He embodies strength, a lust for life, and most of all – exemplifies what a wonderful partner he’ll be each and every day through his grand gestures. Choosing a ring that complements his regal presence isn’t hard with our Equinox Wedding Band – crafted from either 14k yellow or white gold, this breathtaking men’s wedding ring features not one but five Princess cut Nexus Diamond alternatives in a channel setting, and is sure to complement your husband-to-be’s dynamic spirit.
Timeless Ring Styles For The Groom: How To Pick A Classic Men’s Wedding Band
Whether you’re shopping online or in person for a men’s wedding band, one thing’s for certain – it is not a “one-size-fits-all” decision. What might be an ideal option for one man may be completely wrong for another – therefore, it’s essential to do your research when buying a man’s wedding band.
From comfort and fit to the design and style, purchasing a wedding ring he’ll consider a “classic” for years to come doesn’t need to become a major source of stress when planning your upcoming nuptials. At Diamond Nexus, our expert team can assist you in finding the perfect wedding ring, no matter what your budget or personal specifications. From customized, one-of-a-kind wedding bands for men to an eternity band to symbolize your forever bond, we offer an elegant selection of fine jewelry – including wedding bands and engagement rings for men and women – to commemorate the most cherished moments in your lifetime. What’s more, we offer our Lifetime Stone Guarantee – a warranty ensuring the quality of every stone we sell, forever – providing you with not only everlasting beauty, but peace of mind that will endure just as long.
1 “Wedding Rings & Bands.” DiamondNexus.com, (no publish date), https://www.diamondnexus.com/engagement-view-all/wedding-rings?%2Fengagement-view-all%2Fwedding-rings=. Accessed December 20, 2019.
2 Scott, Richard. “Engagement Rings Vs Wedding Ring And Wedding Band: A Comparative Guide.” NaturallyColored.com, (no publish date), https://www.naturallycolored.com/buying-guide/engagement-ring-vs-wedding-ring-and-band. Accessed December 20, 2019.
3 Banks, Colleen. “78 Alternative Engagement Rings for the Non-Traditional Bride” HarpersBazaar.com, July 23, 2018, https://www.harpersbazaar.com/wedding/bridal-fashion/g5073/best-alternative-engagement-rings/. Accessed December 20, 2019.
*Diamond Nexus strives to provide valuable information, while being clear and honest about our products. The Nexus Diamond™ alternative is a patented lab grown stone that, among all simulants, most closely imitates the look, weight and wear of a mined diamond, with two exceptions - it is absolutely perfect in every way, and it costs significantly less. Price points and environmental facts expressed in this blog were taken from popular online retailers and may vary. Learn more about the environmental impact of mining by visiting our blog.