The Aphelion engagement ring is an updated version of a classic solitaire that is timeless yet modern. The six prongs cradle a Nexus Diamond Alternative in a high profile setting that catches the light brilliantly. The grooved, swirling band creates a sense of movement, and the tapering shoulders draw the eye back to the center stone.
- Center stone pictured: 1.49 carat Round Brilliant cut Nexus Diamond.
- Center stone is available in a variety of carat weights; choose yours from the menu above.
- Rings shown on the model’s hand are for reference only. Actual carat weight availability may vary by ring style.
- Looking for a matching band? Complete this look by designing a wedding band in our Design Studio.
- Order additional services like a personal engraving or an appraisal for $25 each. Contact customer service for details at 1.800.509.4990.
- Shown in 14k gold; call customer service for an upgrade to 18k, palladium, or platinum.
- Product Model: LRENSL0001X
Watch out for the size chart!
My fiancé bought me a real diamond ring but I felt nervous about wearing something so expensive to my very active work, so I purchased the aphelion 1.3 carat for everyday wear. I will start with cons and then move on to pros for this ring and DN in general, ending with final conclusions.
1. The sizing chart they use is unreliable for conversions; I'm a size 14 in Europe, and DN staff member told me that would be a size 7. Such was not the case and the ring was too large. As I paid over 200 euros at customs, it would cost a lot to send it back for the "free" resizing! I use a silicone ring snuggy and that works fine for now (the warranty is void if you have it resized by a third party);
2. The diamond gets cloudy/whitish very quickly; it holds dirt a lot faster than a real diamond. If I use a toothbrush to clean it the stone goes quickly back to its former glory, but I need to do it a few times a day, much more than with a real diamond. So, it requires more maintenance;
3: the sides of the prongs aren't smooth, they present irregularities that look slightly like bubbles (maybe from the rhodium plating?) This is seen on close inspection.
4. The stone does not pass the "fog test": if I breathe on it the fog lasts longer than on my real diamond, so the claim that the diamond is physically identical to a real diamond is a claim I would disagree with (if the stone has just been cleaned the difference in time is very slight, so much so that the claim "the diamond is a little dirty" could probably ease any doubts as this test only works on clean diamonds)
1. the Aphelion is actually a pretty ring, the design is simple but tasteful and timeless;
2. the DN customer service is very good, the staff is polite and helpful. If I had been in the States I would have sent the ring back confident in a free resizing;
3. the ring was shipped slightly earlier than anticipated;
4. this ring costs less than a sixth of my actual engagement ring, so I can wear it without worrying too much about it;
5. when clean, the stone is very, very similar to a real diamond. I recommend carrying a little brush to keep the clouding issue at bay; My real diamond is a very good cut with VVS 1, so it's a great diamond to compare with the DN. I have held my actual engagement ring next to the aphelion stone, when just cleaned, and I would not be able to tell the difference;
I would recommend buying a Diamond Nexus ring if you don't mind polishing the stone frequently to keep it at its best. If you are in Europe or you use a different sizing system I would also strongly encourage you to go to a professional to have your finger size converted rather than rely on the DN conversion chart. That being said, I am very happy with my purchase, it is a great "everyday" ring and if customs were not so expensive where I am I would probably buy a lot more jewelry from DN!
It is beautiful
Delivery was fast and ...
- Delivery was fast and the ring looks fantastic. My finance loves it and anyone who sees it is typically left speechless.
- Write Review
Write Your Own Review
- Shipping & Returns
This is a Standard ship item. Your piece is produced to your specifications when you order it and will take eight (8) business days to create. Your choice of shipping method will determine when you receive your product.
All orders $100 and over are sent free 2nd day air. Shipping for items under $100 is a mere $10. You can upgrade any order to overnight shipping for only $30. APO/FPO orders ship USPS and are always free.
We ship to international destinations via UPS. Customers outside of the U.S. will pay for shipping, duties, taxes, customs fees and other charges or fees that are incurred by importing products into the country of destination.
30-Day Free Returns
See It, Wear It, Love it and if you’re not 100% satisfied with your Diamond Nexus jewelry, send it back, no hassles.
Lifetime Stone Guarantee
A Diamond Nexus stone will last forever and never chip, scratch or discolor. We ensure this by guaranteeing them for life. Learn more.
This item can be resized between a size 4 and 10. We will resize any new engagement ring free of charge one time. For ring sizes outside the range of 4-10, a resizing fee may apply.
Conflict-Free and Eco-Friendly Guarantee
With stones made in the USA, consciously-sourced or recycled materials, and craftsman located in Milwaukee, WI, you can always feel great about wearing our jewelry.
You should be able to get the ring or fine jewelry that you really want. That’s why we offer two great options for financing your purchase.Affirm FinancingThis option includes a quick and simple process to see if you’re approved, and several options for paying over time. Affirm is flexible and allows you to see exactly how much you’ll pay each month. Learn more.PayPal Credit ®If you are a regular PayPal user and plan on paying off the loan within six months, this is an excellent option. You can apply for purchase protection, and you won’t accumulate interest for six months. Learn more.
Buy with monthly payments.
Get approved instantly.